Once you see the different places heated up and the time aches for the spring, then the summer activities of the kids take the front seat. If you talk particularly about me then summer is the time to do a lot of fishing, camping and the hunting activities. The best thing is that the place where we live in, it is a safe haven for enjoying all these activities/ hobbies that I mentioned. Camping, of course, is my most favorite activity of all the 3 hobbies that I mentioned.
I must admit the fact that I prefer fair weather for camping. It is because I lasted just for a night while sleeping over an air mattress and I found myself no more of a spring chicken.
But, this really didn’t deny the fun activities in the outdoors men that I live with. They love to hike for hours to the nearest mountains and love to tent just at the side of the lake.
Believe me or not that I was smiling when waving them bye and wishing them luck and lots of fun.
The days that lead up to this fantastic adventure are filled with lots of errands and other tasks. The good thing was that the kids were younger when we camped there. Some of the things which I recommended to all the participants on the hiking tour were:
- Extra socks to counter for wet feet issues.
- Good amount of water to counter dehydration.
- One set of waterproof playing cards.
- A jacket for the bonfire time.
- Bug spray or the mosquito repellent.
- Smart technological equipment such as mobile phone, wireless radio and the alarm clock etc.
- Healthy eatables and beverages.
- And the most important of all, a really good and witty sense of humor.
***Tips: Buy a best vacuum sealer will help you preserve your favorite food when camping
But, with the experience of camping, I found the following things to be very useful:
- Picking the tent once everyone is up and ready.
- Allotting duties to the kids for helping KP after the meals.
- Leaving back all the electronic items at home.
- Bringing out the special and the unique items for the down time such as a game, book, magazine or crayons. The National Geographic for Kids magazine is a great one to carry along at such a trip.
- Taking a quick nap with the children in the day time will keep your energy levels high.
- An old blanket or perhaps an old towel should be carried for placing outside the tent in the sandy areas for avoiding the dust to penetrate through the openings of the tent.
As a veteran mother, I have experienced a lot of camping sites and had great fun all the time. These days, you will just find me at home showering in my small bathroom and shutting the door early at night, just to make the mosquitos wonder that where their feast has gone. If you are camping with children then make sure to prepare beforehand while carrying all the necessities to make the most of your time.
Read more articles